People often do not know where to turn when it comes to dealing with a serious personal injury case or finding the best or top injury lawyers. Here are some factors you should consider when it comes to hiring a personal injury lawyer:
Factors important in hiring the Best Personal Injury Lawyer:
1. Has the lawyer or law firm your are considering hiring ever tried a lawsuit? If so, when was their last trial and what was the outcome?
2. Has the lawyer you are considering hiring ever been disciplined by the State Bar of Texas? (check www.texasbar.com)
3. Has the lawyer ever completed a judicial clerkship–a prestiguous honor bestowed on only approximately 2% of lawyers in the nation?
4. Does the lawyer you are considering hiring sound well-informed and knowledgeable regarding personal injury law?
5. Has the lawyer ever settled a case or tried a case and obtained a significant recovery?
6. Does your lawyer have the necessary resources to prosecute your case?
7. Can you relate to the lawyer and does your intuition tell you that the lawyer is trustworthy?
8. Where did the lawyer go to law school, and more importantly, what has the lawyer’s practical experience been since law school? Remember, years of experience does not necessarily mean a more competent lawyer.
This list of factors is non-exclusive. The author of this article, attorney, Majed Nachawati, is frequently quoted by newspapers, media, and has been recognized as a top lawyer. Mr. Nachawati is a former judicial law clerk and has settled and tried numerous lawsuits to verdict resulting in large recoveries for his personal injury clients. Questions or comments can be emailed to email@example.com or by telephone – 1.866.705.7584.